EU court has removed the mother of Yevgeniy Prigozhin, Wagner´s Chief from its sanctions list
The mother of Russian private military Wagner group´s chief has been removed from the EU sanctions list.
According to Euronews the decision to remove Yevgeny Prigozhin´s mother was announced by the EU court on Wednesday, March 9.
A statement by the court ruling, cited in the report said, “Despite the fact that the latter (Yevgeny Prigozhin) is responsible for actions that have undermined the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, Ms. Prigozhin’s link with her son, which was established at the time of the adoption of the restrictive measures, is based only on their relationship, and is therefore not sufficient to justify her inclusion in the restrictive measures”.
Prigozhin´s mother Violetta who is 83-year-old had been added to the EU sanctions list after Russia started its full-scale invasion into Ukraine on February 24, 2022.
EU earlier decided to put sanctions against her as they said that, “she is the owner of several undertakings with links to her son, such as Concord Management and Consulting LLC”.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check out the EuroNews247 website for all your up-to-date European news stories.