Police in Serbia have arrested a student after he attacked and killed nine people in a Belgrade school.
A 13-year-old boy has been arrested in Belgrade, Serbia, after he shot and killed nine people on Wednesday, May 3.
According to Reuters, the attack was planned and the boy used two handguns which belonged to his father.
The boy reportedly first fired at the guard, and three girls in a hallway. He then shot his teacher and a classmates.
Veselin Milic, head of Belgrade police, said “the attacker had two guns and two petrol bombs and had planned everything carefully”.
Milic added, “He even had … names of children he wanted to kill and their classes”.
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic also made a statement after the attack and said, “The shooter, who gave himself up to police and at 13 is below Serbia’s age of criminal responsibility, will be placed in a psychiatric institution”.
He also said that both his father and mother had been arrested.
“He was waiting for this day. He was at the shooting range with his father three times,” Vucic said.
The president also said that “The boy had asked for a transfer to another class where he had three friends”.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check out the EuroNews247 website for all your up-to-date European news stories.