US president says no F- 16´s for Ukraine, after the country´s defence official made an announcement asking for them
Unites States President Joe Biden has announced that they will not be providing the F-16 to Ukraine, after a statement was made by Ukraninan defence minister, asking for them from the western allies.
According to a report by Reuters on Monday, January 30, Biden made this statement while addressing reporters at the White house and said “no”, when asked the U.S. will agree to supply them.
Ukraine has been pushing for the fourth generation fighter jets such as the American F-16´s after they successfully secured supplies of battle tanks last week.
The statement about the jets was made by Yuriy Sak. Advisor to Ukrainian defence minister Oleksiy Reznikov who had said, “The next big hurdle will now be the fighter jets”.
This statement by the American president comes at a time when Russia has claimed to have gained more control over the eastern parts of Ukraine.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check out the EuroNews247 website for all your up-to-date European news stories.