Officials in Italy said Silvio Berlusconi was being treated in intensive care at Milan’s San Raffaele Hospital
Italy´s former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been admitted to intensive care after he reportedly suffered breathing problems.
According to Reuters on Wednesday, April 5, officials in Italy said that he was in the cardiac unit at Milan’s San Raffaele Hospital.
The 86-year-old billionaire, who made a fortune from commercial television, previously left the hospital a week before he was admitted again, as he has been unwell for the past few years.
A statement by Italy’s foreign minister Antonio Tajani said, “He has been admitted to intensive care because a problem caused by an infection has not been resolved but he is speaking”.
As per local sources at San Raffaele hospital, cited by the report, “Berlusconi was being treated in the intensive care section of its cardiothoracic wing and would remain in hospital overnight”.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check out the EuroNews247 website for all your up-to-date European news stories.