Strikes continued on saturday as over 70 missiles fired by Russian forces on Friday forced nationwide emergency blackouts
Russian continued to strike Ukrainian territory on Saturday, after conducting one of the heaviest barrages of missiles, since the start of the war. According to Ukrainian authorities, in a report by Euronews on Saturday, December 17, over 70 missiles were fired into the country´s territory on Friday.
The report said, the strikes resulted in the killing of 5 people and injuring 15 other people. A statement by a senior aide to President Zelenskyy in the report said, “The heaviest human toll of the new attacks was recorded in the central region of Dnipropetrovsk”.
Meanwhile, the report also said, basic services were restored in the capital city of Kyiv after the latest wave of attacks by Russian air strikes on important infrastructure. A statement of Kyiv mayor said, “a quarter of Kyiv remained without heating but that the metro system was back in service, and all residents had been reconnected to water supply by early morning”.
Klitschko further added, “We are fighting and doing everything we can to make sure that this does not happen,” he said recently.
Earlier this month, the mayor was quoted as saying that an “apocalypse” scenario may occur if attacks on Kyiv’s infrastructure continued.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check out the EuroNews247 website for all your up-to-date European news stories.